The start of the week swings around and you’re probably thinking, what should you cook for dinner, well over here at 2 guys 1 cook, we’ve got you sorted. Try out this awesome Chicken Kiev recipe which Gordon Ramsay used in a head-to-head competition against reality tv star Katie Price! No surprises who won
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 1 teaspoon parsley.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 500g or 1lb of Chicken Breast, should be about 4 chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup of dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of parmesan, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 100g of plain flour
Garlic Herb Butter
- Get a large mixing bowl , toss in your butter, minced garlic, paprika, tarragon and herbs and give it a good mix.
- Once it’s all mixed up , get a piping bag ready and fill the bag with the garlic herb butter. If you do not have a piping bag , use a ziplock bag and cut 1 of the ends , works really well as a makeshift piping bag!
- Use a sharp knife and create a “pocket” within the chicken breast for your garlic herb butter filling. The easiest way to do this is to lay down your chicken breast on the chopping board and use the tip of the knife and gently pushing until the other end, make sure not to go all the way through as the filling will seep out.
- Start piping in your garlic herb butter mixture, be generous with this as about 30% will seep out during the cooking process, seal it as best you can with your hands when you’re done.
- Get your breading station ready, add the parmesan to the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Add the paprika to the flour and season it with salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- It’s time for the messy bit! Dip the chicken breast in the flour, removing any excess flour before dipping it in the beaten eggs and finally toss it in the breadcrumb mixture and repeat twice for each chicken breast, this would add a stronger crisp as well as seal in the herb butter better!
- Get a frying pan with hot oil going and fry the chicken breasts on both sides for 2-3 minutes until a golden color.
- Now we’re not done yet! It may be golden on the outside but on the inside , it’ll be as Gordon Ramsay says “IT’S RAW“.
- To finish it, place your chicken on a baking tray and let it sit in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F.
There you go! This is an excellent dish to pair with a side of mashed potatoes and assorted greens of your choice. Let us know how yours turned out!
See you in the Kitchen.