- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with bacon and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in sugars, ketchup, barbecue sauce, molasses, mustard, chili powder and salt until blended. Stir in beans. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, covered, until beans reach desired thickness, about 1 hour.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.