- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, divided use
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Skewer garlic with a toothpick (to make it easy to find after cooking). Place potatoes, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and skewered garlic in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain potatoes, reserving garlic; remove skewer and crush garlic.
- Meanwhile, chop 5 eggs. Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, paprika, pepper, garlic and remaining vinegar and salt. Stir in potatoes, chopped eggs, onion and celery. Refrigerate 4 hours or until cold.
- Just before serving, slice remaining egg. Top salad with egg; sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, additional paprika.