- 3 lb peeled shrimp (thawed)
- 3 lb smoked sausage (sliced into small round pieces)
- 3 lb small red potatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 1 large Vidalia onion (cut into quarters and then smaller portions, pulled each layer apart into pieces)
- 3 cups water
- ½ – ¾ cup Louisiana Crawfish Boil
- (Crab Meat and Thawed Crawfish are Optional)
Seafood Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 4 – 6 ounces of Velveeta Cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Fry down sausage on a medium to low heat until browned and then drain out grease.
- Fill pot with 3 cups of water and pour in crawfish boil.
- Bring water to a boil and boil potatoes and onions until potatoes are soft (but not mushy).
- Once potatoes are done, turn off heat and add the shrimp and crawfish (if used), and stir in order to keep shrimp under broth (shrimp and crawfish will cook within 2 ½ minutes) Keep in mind that the longer you keep the onions, potatoes and shrimp in the boil, the spicier they will be.
- If you are adding crab, I suggest you keep it separate and heat it in a small skillet with a dash of Old Bay, then place it on the bottom of the pan before placing the cooked sausage on the pan.
- Place sausage and crab meat on the bottom of the pan
- Strain the boil of shrimp, crawfish, potatoes, and onions.
- Once strained place the boiled shrimp, crawfish, potatoes, and onion on top of the sausage and crab.
Making the Sauce
- On a medium to low heat, pour the two cans of cream of celery soup into a pot, and add the Velveeta cubes.
- Slowly add in ¾ cup of Milk while cooking the soup and cheese down (Take your time, you don’t want to rush the sauce and scorch it – Keep it a thick consistency, try not to let it get too runny)
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for two minutes.
- After two minutes, spoon the sauce over the pan of seafood and bake in oven at 400 degrees for fifteen (15) minutes.
- Garnish with parsley
- Serve with hot garlic bread or butter rolls!