Mexican Stuffed Shells freeze well as a casserole and can be made ahead of time. This is a great stuffed shell recipe stuffed with seasoned taco beef and topped with taco sauce and cheese. This recipe so easy and loved by the whole family!
Table of Contents
MEXICAN STUFFED SHELLS
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or just use all of one kind of cheese)
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 3 green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a pan brown the ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Stir together and mix well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board or baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Evenly cover shells with taco sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 5-10 more minutes with the foil removed until cheese melts. Top with green onions or olives if desired. Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.
Source: The Way to His Heart