I love this turtle cake recipe. I’ve had many and this one is moist and full of chocolately goodness. A little bit goes a long way. It’s great for a crowd. You’ll love it!
Yummy, please make sure to like and share this recipe with your friends on facebook
To make this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) boxes german chocolate cake mix
1) prepare cake mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
2) remove and let cool. In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
3) pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
4) sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
5) pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.