- 2 lbs fresh catfish filets
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Accent
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry crab boil (optional)
- canola oil for frying
- In a shallow dish, cornmeal, flour, and all listed spices and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or cast iron skillet to about 350 degrees F
- Dredge each fish filet in the cornmeal mixture and shake off the excess.
- Fry the catfish for 3-5 mins per side (or total if deep frying) or until it’s as crispy as desired
- Drain on paper towels