1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 large white onion, diced
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
¾ cup ketchup
2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cup milk
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook your ground beef and onions on the stove in a pan, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9 inch square dish.
- Add your sauce to your meat and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Pour meat mixture into your dish, top with cheese.
- Place 9 of your 10 biscuit dough pieces on top of mixture, you will have 1 extra biscuit.
- Bake in oven for 14 minutes. Just before the time is up, melt margarine and add diced garlic and oregano. Remove dish from oven and using a small spoon drizzle your garlic butter over top of all your biscuits.
- Return to oven for 6-8 minutes, until your biscuits are a golden brown.
Makes 9 servings at 7 freestyle smart points or 5PP
Nutritional info (adapted from my fitness pal) Per serving.. Calories 204…Fat 9.3g… Saturated fat 3.6g… Carbohydrates 17.5g… Fiber 1.8g… Sugars 5.5g… Protein 13.2g