Garlic Shrimp Pasta is the perfect easy recipe for a busy weeknight. Pasta and sautéed shrimp are tossed in a creamy homemade white wine sauce for a light yet hearty meal.
Serve with a side of garlic bread and a fresh arugula salad for a delicious summer dinner ‘al fresco’.
Shrimp is a great weeknight protein because it cooks in about 5 minutes whether you’re making Grilled Shrimp or shrimp tacos. In this recipe the shrimp and sauce are all made in one pan as the pasta cooks and the whole thing is table ready in about 30 minutes!
How to Make Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Garlic butter shrimp pasta is a perfect example of simple ingredients making an extraordinary meal with just a few easy steps.
- Cook pasta, reserving one cup of pasta water to add to the sauce, if necessary.
- While the pasta is cooking, season (per recipe below) and cook the shrimp. Cook just until pink, it’ll cook a bit more in the sauce so be sure you do not overcook.
- Remove and deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring constantly until sauce is barely thickened.
- Add shrimp and pasta back to the pot and add the parsley. Continue stirring until heated thoroughly.
Serve with a generous dose of parmesan cheese…and more vino of course!
1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
1 lb spaghetti noodles (more or less, depending on family size)
6 -8 garlic cloves, according to personal taste, minced
1/4 cup butter
olive oil (3 drizzles)
fresh ground pepper
red pepper flakes
herbs (according to taste)
1 Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. I always put some oil, salt, and fresh herbs in with my pasta when I boil it. Drain and set aside when done.
2 While pasta is boiling, wash shrimp.
3 Melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp.
4 Let cook till a little pink and starting to curl. Then add garlic.
5 Cook 5-7 min., add oil. Continue to stir till shrimp is pink and curled.
6 Add pasta to skillet. Add seasonings. Add just enough saved pasta water till it is not dry but not swimming in liquid either. Depending on amount of pasta this requires 1/2 the cup or all of it. Start with adding 1/4 of it then work up from there.
7 Keep tossing all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot. Enjoy!
source : Allrecipes.com