Fried rice makes a wonderful side dish. I make rice very often, so each time I change the recipe to enjoy it even more! Check out this amazing fried rice.
For me, fried rice is so indulgent. I normally get the white rice with my Chinese or Asian meals, but every now and then I get that flavorful, veggie filled rice along with my entrée and it’s so amazingly good! Only recently did I discover I can make that junk at home! You don’t need a wok, or a huge flat top grill like those at the restaurant.
A simple pan will do. I like to toss in some chicken or beef to the mix as well. That way, you can call this fried rice a complete meal. Yay!
My family never complains when I make up some fried rice. We’ve had shrimp, chicken, and pork fried rice since my recipe discovery. You can imagine my thrill when I saw Thai flavored fried rice!
Thai food is super flavorful and is one of those that I can’t stop eating until I feel stuffed like a Thanksgiving day turkey. Speaking of turkey, you’ll have quite a bit leftover soon and the white meat would be perfect in this dish – just sayin’! We had some leftovers of this yummy fried rice and took them over to my grandparent’s house.
They loved it! This speaks volumes as to how good this rice truly is because my grandparents are old school and don’t typically eat foods like fried rice.
Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 4 cups of cooked rice.
- 3 tbsps of butter.
- 1 diced onion.
- 12 oz of frozen peas and carrots.
- ½ cup of soy sauce.
- 3 beaten eggs.
How to make Fried Rice:
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter and sauté the onion until tender.
- Mix in the peas and carrots and heat until thawed and tender.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the skillet and scramble the eggs in the other side.
- Once scrambled, mix the eggs and vegetables together then stir in the soy sauce.
- Mix in the rice gradually until well combined.
- Easy, peasy and yummy! This rice is a must try guys! The veggies go perfectly with it. I usually make this rice when I’m having chicken. It fits perfectly.
Source : allrecipes,com