Because you are tired of all that holiday baking and cooking does not mean that you’re tired of sweet treats! And trying to back away from the sweets does not mean you need to go cold-turkey on dessert. The answer to both issues? Our No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars!
We won’t assert that these bars are some kind of health cure, however, you may feel better about eating them than you did all of those cookies and trifles out of Christmas. The oats provide them a crunch that is delicious, and the chocolate drizzle gives the perfect amount of sweetness to them. Even better? All you will need to do is stick them in the refrigerator, mix up them, and enjoy. Let’s demonstrate this sweet so that you can try them yourself, continue reading for the recipe.
Makes 16 to 20 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat over low heat, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Heat on high in the microwave, in increments of 40 seconds, stirring in between each increment, until melted and fully combined.
- Pour ⅘ of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats, reserving about ¼ cup for drizzling. Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.